We have found a discounted price for a fantastic Vietnam and Cambodia tour offered by Intrepid. If you book before the 31st of July 2014 and travel before the end of September 2014, you will get a 15% discount on the price of your tour. This means you can get to see all the exotic sites that Vietnam and Cambodia have to offer from just £939 per person. The regular price for this tour is £1105.
Best of Vietnam and Cambodia Tour Itinerary
On this tour, you will get to explore three exciting countries: Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
- Day 1: Your tour starts in Hanoi, Vietnam at 6PM. Hanoi is filled with beautiful buildings dating back to French colonial history, lakes and public parks. You have the option of visiting a selection of museums and other activities as you settle in to your stay.
- Day 2-3: Your tour continues to the beautiful Halong Bay (pictured above), where you will get to enjoy an overnight cruise. Following your relaxing cruise, you will be boarding the famous Reunification Express train for an overnight journey.
- Day 4-5: Visit the imperial capital of Hue, including a tour of the Imperial Citadel ruins, a city tour and a cruise on a dragon boat on the Perfume River.
- Day 6-7: You will be travelling through the Hai Van Pass to Hoi An – a vibrant port with many fine shops along the shore.
- Day 8-10: Your tour continues to Ho Chi Minh City, where you will be taking part in tour of the city. This part of the tour includes several trips to exotic restaurants where you will get to sample all the delicious local food that you desire.
- Day 11-12: You will be travelling to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This part of the tour includes a visit to the Killing Fields memorial, where you will get to learn about the country's darker days. Your optional activities include local museums or visiting local cafes.
- Day 13-15: This part of the tour will take you to one of the world's most famous sites: The Angkor Wat temples. Explore the ancient ruins and learn about how the structure was built and how it was used by the original civilisation.
- Day 16: Near the end of your tour you will get to visit Battambang, known for its beautiful French architecture and scenery. You can choose to take an optional cooking class or visit the surrounding villages.
- Day 17-18: The final stop of your tour will take you on a short hop across the Cambodian border to Thailand. In Bangkok you will have plenty of activities to choose from.
Vietnam and Cambodia Tour Sample Booking
The best rate is available on the August 14th departure. Please note the above price does not include flights to Vietnam or back from Thailand. See below for a sample booking for flights that fit around the tour dates quoted above. It is worth noting that other departure dates are available for slightly more, so if you cannot make the August 14th tour, you still have options.
Flights Prices to Hanoi / Returning from Bangkok
Looking at flights from London around these dates, the best available fare we have been able to find is around the £900 mark with Thai Airways. You can search for cheap flights using Momondo – just select “Multiple Destinations” in the flight search tool.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and we receive a commission on any sale generated from this post. You can read more about this on our Terms & Conditions page.